Guidelines for Food Science and Nutrition Summit 2019
- Please adhere to the presentation time limit and keep slides to a minimum.
- Please stop when signaled by the MC to do so.
- Users of Windows / PC should be responsible for the compatibility with Mac system used at the lectern.
- Please keep timelines in mind
- Use of personal laptops is not recommended unless absolutely necessary.
- No videos are to be recorded during the sessions.
- Sessions will be followed by interactive Q&A sessions.
- A vote of thanks and acknowledgment of the speakers will take place after completion of the session, so please stay until the session ends.
- Presentation format: PPT.doc or PPT.docx.
- MAC compatible presentation.
- Movies: Please take steps to compress your videos.
- Slides must be concise, clutter-free and visible from a distance.
- Stick to keywords and phrases for visual reinforcement. Avoid lengthy text.
- Basic AV setup would be provided; Laser pointer, cordless mike, desktop mike, basic sound system.
- If you have any audio/video to be played, they should be checked one day before the event with the AV team.
- Upload your presentation at least 3 days before traveling to the conference venue.
- You may use the email address provided by you at the time of your abstract submission to log in. Once logged in, follow the instructions on the screen.
- You can also email the presentation to the designated conference email ID.
- All presentations will be downloaded to your session room on the day of your presentation.
- The presentations will be loaded prior with the name “first name, last name and date / session”.
- It is recommended that you upload the presentation three days before the start of the conference. In case you are unable to upload the presentation, you can save the presentation on USB Flash drive and upload it at the lectern before your scheduled presentation during the break. The USB Flash drive will be scanned before transferring the presentation to the presentation folder.
- Once the presentation is completed it will be permanently removed. There will be an option to select if they wish to accept the usage for the presentation library maintained by SCC.
- Appropriate extension usage (the part after the period. in the filenames): use .PPTX, .PPSX if saving from PowerPoint 2007/2008/2010/2011 format or use .PPT or .PPS if saving to an earlier version format or saving from an earlier version.
- Copy the media file to the folder where the PowerPoint file is, and only then insert it; otherwise links to most media files will break.
- AVI or MPEG are better choice files for movies or sounds; don’t use WMV (Windows Media Player).
- Usage of fonts: Arial, Times New Roman, Courier and Symbol are ideal for Macs.
- Don’t squeeze your text into placeholders: Text rendering on PC vs Mac (font substitution) can cause your squeezed text to get truncated of text boxes.
Date of Conference
26th & 27th of August 2019
Abstract Submission Opens
10th February 2019
10th February 2019